WS408 | WS412 - Versatility meets Value
The SATO WS4 series of desktop printers are feature rich, affordably priced, thermal printers with great production throughput and exceptional print quality at either 203 or 300dpi. Designed with connectivity in mind, the WS4 printer has USB, RS232 and Ethernet interfaces standard. It also features optional Bluetooth or 802.11 WLAN communication interfaces further expanding its versatility.
Flexible and versatile, the WS4 is available in Direct Thermal or as a Thermal Transfer unit with a 984 feet ribbon capacity! When integrated with its optional External Media Stand, both ribbon capacity and use of industry standard 8-inch outside diameter media rolls, the WS4 significantly expands its functionality to what is normally present in larger tabletop printer models but at a fraction of the price.
As in other innovative SATO printer models, the WS4 has straightforward replacement of its print head or platen roller, quickly returning to full operation when normal maintenance is required. Best of all, the WS4 has on-board emulations (SBPL, SZPL, SEPL, SDPL, SIPL) providing ease of integrating or replacing other competitive printer models. The SATO WS4, where versatility meets value, innovation meets performance.
SATO WS4 compact desktop label printers are fully Cerner Validated peripheral devices for native use within Cerner health IT system to ensure safety, quality and efficacy for patients.
SATO WS4 printers are designed for wide use through the health care supply chain, notably for printing of patient wristbands, specimen pathology labels and other labels used in hospitals. They can be deployed through various legs of the supply chain from clinical labs to pharmacies, medical check-up centers, clinics and hospitals.
SATO is a GS1 Healthcare member and works to promote widespread serialization through the global health care supply chain to ensure patient safety and comfort.
Easy to Use
- Small footprint design
- High speed thoroughput (Max 6ips)
- Easy firmware download via USB
- Straightforward Platen and Print head replacement
- 3 Color Status LED
Flexible Label / Ribbon Capability
- 984 feet ribbon capability
- Use wound-in or wound-out labels and ribbons
- Adjustable I-mark sensor
- Versatile ribbon core sizes (0.5” or 1.0” ID)
- Ethernet, USB and RS232 standard
- Optional Bluetooth, Wireless LAN
- IPv4/IPv6 Support
- Multiple printer emulations (SZPL, SEPL, SDPL, SIPL)
Transportation and Logistics
- Shipping/Receiving labels
- Warehouse picking/put away
- Asset management
- Price marking
- Inventory and product labeling
- Visitor ID
- Evidence tracking
- Parking passes
- Patient identification
- Pharmacy and product labeling
- Specimen/slide labels
- GTIN/FDA compliance
- Work-in-progress and product labeling
- Pallet/Carton management
- Boarding/Admission passes
- Bag tags
sicomHQ's Top Pick Feature List:
- Best in class reliability and throughput
- Quick & easy user replaceable platen & print head
- 300 meter ribbon for lower cost
- 5" OD roll standard, optional 8" OD roll with external roll holder for lower cost
- Easy to use, versatile, standalone
- Multiple printer language support
- Multiple interfaces
- Supports a variety of media types
- Cerner Certified